“Proposed Israeli law jails prostitutes’ agents”
(Jerusalem Post Address)
In a few days, a Knesset committee will consider a law proposing, among other things, criminalizing the clients of prostitutes. This is unreasonably clear and unreasonable, a desperate attempt to organize a position that requires a completely different approach.
Successive governments have treated prostitution so far as an activity that requires control within a criminal framework. Being a prostitute is not in itself illegal. Crime lives from the proceeds of a prostitute.
As with all previous attempts to control activities deemed to be against the higher interests of society, this current plan is doomed to failure. One has only to look at what happened to ban the sale of alcohol in America in the 1920s, and now all efforts to control drug trafficking have failed, to understand that more legislation simply solves the problem underground.
What is needed is a radically different approach. Instead of criminalizing prostitutes and / or their clients, it is time to face reality. These women (or sometimes men) provide a much-needed service in a professional manner, charging them. This service will still be required, regardless of the laws that are approved. Thus, the best and most realistic way is to openly acknowledge this fact and deal with it accordingly.
Government agencies, social services and the police should work together to provide support and a comfortable working environment in which services can be delivered without the threat of criminal prosecution. Rather than being harassed, these working women should be protected, provided with adequate health services and controlled, perhaps even to the point of paying taxes on their profits. This is not as silly as it may seem: a similar plan is already running in parts of Germany.
The main problem will arise from pimps and others who make money from prostitutes’ activities. This aspect is, should be, criminal, that is the police need to control and eliminate, as far as possible. What is unacceptable to society is the side of human trafficking. Since this is not yet controlled, it is this element that requires the capacity of legal services. Not girls, certainly not their customers.
It seems strange to me that in a society with large numbers of ultra-Orthodox Jews and Muslims, whose religious beliefs prohibit premarital sex, the idea of eradicating prostitution should arise. It is a blatantly unrealistic hypothesis. A few nights in the Tel Baruch Beach area of Tel Aviv will be enough to show the reality and necessity of the services provided by women. There is even a set of views that the existence of open prostitution significantly reduces the incidence of rape.
One thing is absolutely certain. Regardless of legislation, prostitution will not disappear. Do not call it “the oldest profession” for nothing. It has endured thousands of years and will continue as long as the human race inhabits the planet.
Why is evil considered? Is prostitution less than a person in a marriage without love and bear sex to maintain her financial security? Or a young girl who marries a wealthy old man and contracts for the elderly? Prostitution is not just about money for a particular act for a limited period of time with a stranger. It’s also a state of mind in so-called “natural” relationships
What about “entertaining” sex? Sex only for hell? Or sex to rest? It is true that the Internet today contains many sites where sex is offered for free, but not everyone in computers, especially the Haredi. What are they supposed to do? If I’m not mistaken, even masturbation is banned from the Bible.
- In the past, I have been involved in the services of these working women in a number of different countries. I think the experiments were mutually satisfactory, as far as I can tell. Only in Israel, girls arrived with credit card machines ready. Strange, but at least structured. Unfortunately, the emergence of AIDS has caused me to no longer pursue this kind of entertainment activity, as I am sure this is what many people have done. Fear of disease is a much stronger controller than any man-made laws.
- A few years ago I discovered that I had pimp on my payroll! Needless to say, I was not fully aware of the fact that the company’s chief accountant was tossing his wife and using our office facilities in the process. Just after the police arrived and arrested him, I learned what was going on. After proper litigation, he was dismissed – and the company was sued immediately for unlawful dismissal. In the Industrial Court he claimed that his private life had nothing to do with his professional abilities. I personally sympathize with this view, but as the CEO of a large retail company serving multinationals, I have no choice but to assume the responsibility of the company.
- For your benefit, the court dismissed his claim. He might have improved his chance of success if he did not attend the meeting with his black pregnant girlfriend, and every inch was seen as a prostitute!
But I digress.
As I said before, women are in a respectable profession, offering service and doing so for a fee that is mutually negotiated. Much like lawyers. What is the difference between a bitch and a lawyer? There are a number of comparisons available:
- One is looking forward to his visit, the other you wish to never meet.
- One is illegal and should not be; the other is legal and should not be.
- One walks in the street openly. The other is hiding in the office.
- One lets you lie down and enjoy it. The other bows to you and does not enjoy it.
- One gives you what you paid for. The other, you never stop paying.
- The bitch will stop pulling you after you die.
Feel free to draw your own conclusions regarding the profession that is most honorable.